Whether you are a seasoned corporate flyer or a first time user of private air charter service, please feel free to come to us with any concerns that you may have.
Through the years of working in private aviation, we’ve been able to assemble a list of some of the most (FAQ’s) frequently asked questions about air charter services.
In addition to the list below, our staff is ready to answer any questions that you may have. Just give us a call or send us an email and we will happily assist you!
GENERAL QUESTIONS ABOUT FLYING PRIVATE
Between which hours are the Air Charter Advisors available?
No matter what time zone you are in or traveling to, someone will be available to assist with every detail of your trip. We work day and night, in all time zones, 24/7/365.
Do you offer Supplemental Lift for Aircraft Owners?
Yes! We’ve worked with several corporate flight departments to fill-the-gap when a replacement aircraft is needed, whether an additional jet is needed due to simultaneous trips or a trip requires a jet with a larger operational range than their current fleet allows. We can arrange flights in as little as 4 – 6 hours, giving you peace of mind in the event your plane becomes unavailable due to mechanical problems or other issues. Fractional owners can also benefit from supplemental lift by chartering a flight outside of their fractional plan, allowing them to potentially use their flight hours more efficiently on future trips.
How do you ensure my privacy?
Your privacy is of the utmost importance to us. All information regarding passenger and charter flight itineraries are confidential in order to safeguard your privacy. Details are only shared on a strict need-to-know basis.
What are Airport Slots?
Airport Slots are essentially a prior permission from the airport and Air Traffic Control to land at a specific airport during a major event when the area and parking spaces are expected to be congested.
What is the benefit of having a dedicated Air Charter Advisor?
From takeoff to landing you will have a dedicated Advisor to assist with every detail and all your concerns will be answered in a timely fashion.
Who are our clients?
We cater to a broad range of clientele throughout the world all having different travel needs. Some of our specialties include private jets for leisure and corporate travel, air cargo charter, celebrity and professional sports team transportation, emergency evacuation and relocation assistance, and medical charter flights. More services are available, do not hesitate to ask.
Are there any luggage limitations or recommendations?
Each aircraft has different baggage compartment sizes and weight limitations. Your baggage will be stored in the Aft of the aircraft or the nose for your safety and convenience. When flying privately it is important to let us know what your expected baggage weight and size will be so we can accommodate you and your guests. It is always a best practice to travel with soft-sided baggage if you are looking to maximize the amount of items you will be bringing. If you have concerns about your fragile items or over-sized baggage, just give us a call and we can walk you through all the options.
Can you arrange my transportation to and from the airport?
Town cars, Stretch limousines, Mercedes Benz SUV’s and even armored vehicles can be arrange to bring you back and forth to your private jet charter flight at the airport.
Do the Air Charter Advisors arrange tours, hotels, or concierge services?
We do not directly offer tour arrangements, hotel reservations or concierge services to our clients. Simply put, we focus all of our attention on being the best Jet Charter Brokerage Company in the industry. Nevertheless, for your convenience, we have negotiated with various organizations in order to bring you discounted prices and exceptional levels of service on additional needs you may have.
From which airports can I depart and arrive?
There are tens of thousands of airports located throughout the world. Each airport and aircraft chosen for your trip have different sets of rules and regulations. For taking off and landing a private plane, your aircraft may need a certain amount of runway length. For your international charter flights, you will need to stop at a customs airport. Some commercial airports may accommodate larger wide body jets, while other private and executive airports may have much smaller and more narrow runways. When arranging your charter flight, we will do our best to set up the arrival and departure airports to be as close as possible to your destination. One terrific benefit of using private jet charter service is that in most cases you are able to land and depart much closer to home than when flying on a commercial flight.
How do I pay for my private charter flight reservation?
Please see our “Charter Broker Agreement: Standard Terms & Conditions” for up-to-date information regarding payment methods and terms. The information below is subject to change at any time, without notice.
All payments are required in full at the time of booking. In addition to the payment method used for your flight, Air Charter Advisors requires a guarantee for incidentals via valid AMEX card with all Charter Reservations.
- Our preferred method of payment is for our clients to pay in full for their trip via Bank Wire Transfer at least four (4) days prior to departure. If you are able to pay for your flight via this method, you may also be entitled to a cash discount of up to 5%. Please see your “Charter Quotation” or inquire with your Advisor.
- If you would like for your charter flight via credit card, you may use your personal or corporate American Express card for the total payment for all flights up to $25,000.
- If your trip is within 4 business days, you may also select to have your AMEX card authorized for the total anticipated amount. Bank Wire Transfer in full is required to be made within 24 hours of signing the Agreement for your reservation. Should you choose to use your AMEX for the final payment, you will forfeit your cash discount of 5% and your card will be charged for the total of the flight plus the additional 5%.
How do I decide on which aircraft is right for me?
Your dedicated Advisor will work diligently to locate available and competitively priced aircraft options based upon your personal preferences and several other factors including flight distance, luggage requirements, and amount of passengers.If you are interested in viewing our “Comprehensive Aircraft Gallery
” you will be pleased to find aircraft pictures and statistics for the most popular charter aircraft in demand.
How far in advance do I need to make a charter flight reservation?
Depending on the routing of your trip and aircraft availability, a private jet can be arranged with as little as 6 hours’ notice.
What documentation do I need for my flight?
A government issued photo ID is required prior to boarding. Boarding will be denied to any passenger without proper documentation when such is required by law or customs. All passengers are required to carry a passport when traveling internationally. All documents required for international travel must be presented to the flight crew for review prior to boarding.
What happens after I book my flight?
Your Charter Itinerary will be delivered by email or fax. This will provide a confirmation of your reservation along with the following information: the date(s) and estimated departure time of travel, flight segments arranged on your behalf, aircraft type, and other requests specified by you when booking your flight.
What happens if there is bad weather?
- Mother Nature sometimes throws a curveball our way and complicates our flight route with obstacles such as winds, rough air, turbulence and storms.
- Pre-departure, your Advisor will be on the lookout for any and all reported weather advisories that may impact your travel schedule. The aircraft operator and Pilot in Command have the ultimate decision making power regarding your takeoff and landing and they will do their best to avoid any weather but there may be delays on your trip due to unpredictable and unavoidable weather patterns.
What is a Jet Charter Broker company
Check out our “What is an Air Charter Broker
” page to learn more about what a Private Jet Charter Broker company does.
What is an Empty Leg Charter Flight
Check out our Empty Leg Jet Charters
page to learn all about taking advantage of empty jets.
Can I smoke on my flight?
There are some individuals who fly private for one reason only, so they can smoke their cigarettes or favorite cigars/pipes while in flight. If your preference is smoking, no problem, we will find you a private airplane that allows smoking on board. You must let us know about this requirement before as special accommodations will need to be made.To read more about smoking on a private jet charter, click here
Do the aircraft have bathrooms?
- Private charter aircraft size can range from 2 seater piston aircraft to 16 passenger heavy jets to 220+ passenger airliners. Generally speaking, the smaller the aircraft, the fewer amenities can fit on the plane. Depending on the size aircraft you select, will also influence whether or not there is a restroom on board. In the aviation industry there are a few names for the bathroom. You may hear the terms “Potty, Lav, or lavatory”.
- If your aircraft does have a Lavatory, this restroom may be beautifully designed with a fully enclosed space consisting of a toilet, sink and enough room to change your clothing. Sometimes with smaller aircraft, there can be a semi-enclosed lavatory which would be shielded from the cabin with a retractable curtain. For the smallest aircraft, there may be a potty seat that lifts up for emergency use only or no restroom capability at all.
Flying with your family pets; horses, dogs, cats and birds, oh my!
- From teacup to large breeds, don’t leave home without your lovable furry friend(s)! We can help you with your pet air travel on a private pet jet charter! Not all aircraft accept pets inside, so please let us know up front about your pet and we will find a pet friendly private air carrier to help transport your pet for your next vacation or move. We do understand how important your pet(s) are, they are family. It is important that when arranging a private charter flight for your pets, the arrangements are put together correctly.
- There may be requirements for sedation and caging depending on breed type and size, along with distance and length of your trip. Please contact us with all of your private jet pet travel questions.
- To learn more about transporting your pets via private air charter, click here!
What is a qualified flight crew?
For each private jet charter flight that we arrange we have hand selected aircraft operators that have crewed pilots who have met or exceeded FAA Part 135 requirements to fly charter safely. Our team goes above and beyond and will also check to see that these pilots have sufficient time and experience flying that particular type of aircraft that you will be a passenger on.
What terminal and gates are used at the airports?
As a private traveler, you will be using Fixed-based operators (FBO) as your passenger gate/terminal. They are similar to the waiting area at the gate or terminal in a commercial airport, but they are much more private and generally more luxurious. Some FBO’s have leather couches and chairs, some may serve gourmet coffees and snacks, many sell aviation fuel and have repair stations attached to them and some can be home to private jets and helicopters as this is where they generally park in their hangars.
Who operates the aircraft?
- When the Air Charter Advisors arrange your flight one great benefit is that we will search diligently to locate aircraft with minimal repositioning fees and are priced competitively no matter where your trip originates. We will present you with different options for your air charter need. Once you have selected a private aircraft out of the options provided, we would secure the aircraft and you will be informed of the aircraft operator and tail number on the itinerary of your trip before your flight.
- Air Charter Advisors, Inc. Serves as an agent in obtaining air charter services for our customers. Air Charter Advisors, Inc. is not a direct or indirect “Air Carrier”. Air Charter Advisors, Inc. does not own or operate any aircraft on which our customers fly. All flights arranged by Air Charter Advisors, Inc. are operated by FAR Part 135 or 121 air carriers or foreign equivalent (“Operators”), who shall maintain full operational control of charter flights at all times. Operators providing services must meet FAA or JAR safety requirements as well as additional safety standards established by Air Charter Advisors, Inc.
Wi-Fi High Speed Internet, Flight Phones and Entertainment on private jets
By request, we can arrange your next private jet charter to include any of the following, additional charges may apply, please see the “Charter Broker Agreement : Standard Terms & Condition’s”:
- Wi-Fi Internet
- Televisions with and without DVD players
- Satellite Flight Phones
- Fax Machine
- Entertainment systems
- IPod/IPhone connectivity
- Coffee/Espresso Machines /Microwave
- Medical Kits
Will there be a flight attendant on board?
While some aircraft require a cabin attendant on board, others may not. If your flight does not require an attendant, but you prefer to have one, cabin attendants may be available upon request.
Have Another Question?
Do you have a question we didn’t cover here? Whether you’re a new client looking to book your first private flight or someone we have worked with on a regular basis, we want you to feel as comfortable as possible about our service and private aviation. Our goal is to provide you with the highest level of service possible, including providing answers to all of the questions you may have during the booking process. Our team is available for you 24/7 – Don’t hesitate to reach out to us and ask!